In Cincinnati, concrete takes a beating
Cincinnati concrete driveways, patios, sidewalks, pools, wheelchair access ramps … in Cincinnati, concrete is everywhere you look. And thanks to frequent freezing-and-thawing in winter, Cincinnati concrete can erode faster than concrete in cities with colder winters.
How to care for Cincinnati concrete
- Concrete can crack if water repeatedly freezes and thaws
- Winters are hard on concrete surfaces like driveways and sidewalks
- Even in Greater Cincinnati, concrete can last for years if cared for properly
- Never use metal tools to chip ice off a concrete driveway or sidewalk
- Use sand instead of salt to de-ice and improve traction